Question Establishing a connection takes much longer after changing the WiFi adapter ?

Feb 20, 2023
HI all, new to the forum. Just upgraded from a TP Link wifi adapter to Netgear adapter. My problem is that the Netgear adapter takes forever to establish a connection with the Network after boot, whereas the TP Link was an istant connection. Although the Netgear adapter is much faster once connected, I just find it very frustrating to wait so long for the connection to be established.

Any advice is appreciated. TIA

I almost want to say its a windows thing and how it handles power management maybe, some interfernce, I got 2 identical TP-Link USB wifi adapters on 2 different computers, the one thats closer to the router connects immediately after a reboot or waking from sleep, The computer thats further from the router takes its time, like upwards of a minute after waking up or reboot but will eventually connect and gets my full internet speed, and its not even close to being out of range, its just a little further away in another room. compared to the other system.

Feb 20, 2023
I almost want to say its a windows thing and how it handles power management maybe, some interfernce, I got 2 identical TP-Link USB wifi adapters on 2 different computers, the one thats closer to the router connects immediately after a reboot or waking from sleep, The computer thats further from the router takes its time, like upwards of a minute after waking up or reboot but will eventually connect and gets my full internet speed, and its not even close to being out of range, its just a little further away in another room. compared to the other system.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Double check the wireless configuration settings on the new NetGear adapter.

Verify that the correct wireless network adapter driver was downloaded direct from Netgear and manually installed.

No third party tools or installers.

Try using a USB extension cable to move the NetGear wireless adapter up and away from the host PC/USB port.

On the current host PC, run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results. (You should be able to use Copy and Paste with no need to retype it all.)

Feb 20, 2023
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Double check the wireless configuration settings on the new NetGear adapter.

Verify that the correct wireless network adapter driver was downloaded direct from Netgear and manually installed.

No third party tools or installers.

Netgear ac600 adapter, hitron router, can't seem to find model number, running windows 11 Home. Is it safe to display my IP config info on a forum?

Ralston18

Titan
FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-...vate IP address is,a home or business network.

My Linksys router/home network is based on 192.168.1.1

The hitron router uses the default 192.168.0.1 (Default username = "cusadmin", default password = "password".)

Reference:

https://routerloginlist.com/hitron-router-login/

Hopefully those default values were changed when the hitron router was initially configured and has not been factory reset since initial configuration.

What you do not want to reveal is the results from "What is my IP"