Estimate Performance To Compare Amd Zen Core And Intel Processors

Djake_

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
GUYS CAN YOU GIVE ANY THOUGHTS OR REACTION OR ANSWER ON MY QUESTION:

WILL AMD ZEN CORE CPUS WILL HAVE A CLOSE MATCH REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE INTEL I7 NEW COMING CPUS THIS YEAR?
IF THEY CAN MATCH INTEL CPUS WHAT SPECIFIC INTEL CPUS DOES AMD ZEN CORE CAN MATCH?

PLS READ: I HAD JUST READ THIS INFORMATION FROM http://wccftech.com/amd-confirms-future-zen-processors-apus-am4-socket/

Zen promises to deliver 40% IPC gains and will shift from CMT approach to SMT among other things. That’s not it either, Zen will be using a scheduling model that is similar to Intel’s and it will use specific hardware and simulation to define any needed scheduling or NUMA changes. It will also be ISA compatible with Haswell/Broadwell style of compute. It will bring various compiler optimisations, including GCC with target of SPECint v6 based score at common compiler settings. Benchmarking and performance compiler LLVM targets SPECint v6 rate score at performance compiler settings. Each Zen core will have access to 512KB of L2 cache and 4 Zen cores will share 8MB of L3 cache. The time frame given by AMD regarding the arrival of the brand new micro-architecture is Q4 2016.

TAKE NOTE THIS: EACH ZEN CORE WILL HAVE ACCESS TO 512KB OF L2 CACHE AND 4 ZEN CORES WILL SHARE 8MB OF L3 CACHE.

Solution
D
WCCF tech shouldn't be relied on to be anything but clickbait. AMD marketing is always better than the end product but the only way to be sure is actual testing. The 40% IPC gains are against older AMD products. And lets be honest here, AMD was only equal to or slightly better than Intel for a very short time in the mid 2000s against the Pentium 4 and Pentium D. Intel has had the lead again since Core2 was new in 2006.
D

Deleted member 217926

WCCF tech shouldn't be relied on to be anything but clickbait. AMD marketing is always better than the end product but the only way to be sure is actual testing. The 40% IPC gains are against older AMD products. And lets be honest here, AMD was only equal to or slightly better than Intel for a very short time in the mid 2000s against the Pentium 4 and Pentium D. Intel has had the lead again since Core2 was new in 2006.

Solution