Question ETD.sys Failed

Nov 25, 2021
ETD.sys is caused by the touchpad driver not loading during the boot process, especially Lenovo.All one require is do is to inspect the touchpad right click and left click button.The keys goes/develops a bend or breaks to make contact with the circuit board.The driver will fail.Replace it or open to straighten the keys , just like how a keyboard keys stays pressed to type a character on the keyboard multiple times.E.g A when typed results in AAAA..... It is similar to a keyboard , plugnplay device failure.Windows 10 runs diagnostic and startup repair.A startup repair cannot fix a malfunctioning hardware.Windows will fail to load the driver because of this reason.A virus may cause the same symptom, or any such symptom but this touchpad fault develops over a period of time due to prolonged use.This is very common in some models of Lenovo.

Last edited:
ETD.sys is caused by the touchpad driver not loading during the boot process, especially Lenovo.All one require is do is to inspect the touchpad right click and left click button.The keys goes/develops a bend or breaks to make contact with the circuit board.The driver will fail.Replace it or open straighten the keys , just like how a keyboard keys stays pressed to type a character on the keyboard multiple times.E.g A when typed results in AAAA..... It is similar to a Keyboard , plugnplay device failure.Windows 10 runs diagnostic and startup repair.A start up repair cannot fix a malfunctioning hardware.Windows will fail to load the driver because of this reason.A virus may cause the same symptom, or any such symptom but thus touchpad fault develops over a period of time due to prolonged use.This is very common in some models of Lenovo.

Ok, really hard to read wall of text.
Anyways, Do you have a question?
and also, Why did you post about this in the graphic card section of the forum?

Nov 25, 2021
I tried to anseer to the Original thread ETD.sys failure , then it said you must register then I tried to ... recived the confirmation Email that took me here losing the thread.