Eternal mouse inconsistency - Ruined PC Gaming (floaty/laggy/slowdowns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizekofficial

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
This mouse inconsistency had totally runied PC gaming and even normal use for me(and others that I know having this issue) and is one of the wierdest problem I have ever experienced. It has been over 4 months for me and couple of years for the people I met on the forums and contact everyday and this problem seem to have no solution. I hope I can find some insights here.

I will try to keep it short.

Feels like my mouse is alive. The responsiveness of the mouse keeps changing from time to time like it goes from feeling snappy/sharp/responsive to super laggy/floaty/slowing down through the day. Next thing is after around 30 minutes of gaming mouse gets progressively worse and worse/more floaty and floaty. Leaving PC idle or closing it for few hours seems to help restore the mouse responsiveness. Or opening programs for ex:Chrome, other apps or changing windows 10 settings, disabling device manager things we do not need, changes the smoothnes to better but it Comes back Again. The point is Every change we make Mouse responsiveness goes to better, but never consistent.

This is not placebo being a competitive CS GO player I am very sensitive to mouse/keyboard.

Things I have tried to solve the issue:

I have already changed 80% of my hardware only remaining things are RAM, Motherboard and PSU.

I have already tried things simple logic tells like turn off acceleration, changing usb port, different mouse/mousepad, temp monitoring, completely reinstalling Windows and testing with only drivers and 1 game to rule out any OS/Software problems, checking loose wires on motherboard, updating every driver to latest, bios settings and other thousands of fixes.
We have a dedicated forum on Geforce Forums where there are many users with exactly same problems we have tried many many fixes for years which includes electrical, software, hardware and BIOS. The link will be posted at the bottom.
We are literally on verge of giving up and very desperate for a fix by now, a solution to this would literally help hundreds of users struggling on Geforce forums we tried brainstroming among ourselves for years we tried every crook and cranny we can think of but now we have nothing left to even try anymore. So, I am representing the problem here seeking expert advice.

NOTE: This issue is not only in games, it is also affected in Windows.

Steps taken to resolve the issue. [Even without this steps mouse should work perfectly] :

1. CSM ON/OFF (BIOS)
2. Intel Speedstep/Amd Cool&Quiet OFF
3. Legacy USB ON/OFF;
4. xHCI ON/OFF;
5. Asmedia Chipset/Intel ON/OFF;
6. Tried Legacy/Uefi installation of Windows;
7. C-states OFF; Turbo Boost(Core);
8. XBOX, DVR, Cortana -> OFF (Trough Settings and Registries);
9. Updates of BIOS/UEFI;
10. CPU/RAM overclocked/default;
11. Changed Mouses/Surface(All of us Wired);
12. Power Options Tweaked to Max performance;
13. VSYNC is OFF in both OS/In-game Trough Nvidia Control Panel and Games Video Settings;
14. Tried all of the ports in the PC;
15. Diconnected everyting except Mouse and Monitor(Always the same issue);
16. Plugged PC directly to Outlet(As always any change made mouse movement better for a while but it comes back eventually);
17. Took Whole mobo out of the case and same problem as usually;
18. Generic Drivers from Microsoft/Manufacturer ones installed Manually;
19. Disabled Every Power Saving feature in Windows and BIOS/UEFI;
20. Tried 125/500/1000Hz pooling rate;
21. Mouse Echaced Precision Pointer in Mouse settings is Unticked;
22. Applied Mousefix From MarkC;
23. And on and on and on and on, I can't even remember what else we all have tried to eliminate the issue;
24. Temperature/Usage of CPU,RAM,GPU,HDD is normal, It never Spikes;
25.Checked the Health of HDD, It is healthy;
26. Ran Memtest86 5 times, none error. (OC/NONOC);
27. Formated Windows 10 Dozen of times.(Wiped all Drives);
28. Tried LatencyMon(Green values);
29. And on and on and on and on, I can't even remember what else we all have tried to eliminate the issue;

My PC specs:

MOBO:Asus X370 Prime Pro;
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB;
RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 3200Mhz 2x8;
CPU: Ryzen 1700;
PSU: Cooler Master VANGUARD 750W+ Gold;
HDD: WD10EZEX Blue;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We Appreciate your time and effort for helping us.

Link to the Thread We found all each other with the same Issue :

HERE

May I suggest a PS/2 capable mouse, like the good old MX518? Your board does have a PS/2 port. Do not install any mouse drivers but the default Microsoft ones for PS/2 mouse, and leave the control panel sensitivity exactly in the middle (use the mouse buttons to toggle DPI settings. They are fixed and not programmable even with the driver anyway).

PS/2 is preferred, because USB runs on a software layer so is dependent on CPU cycles being free--ending up less consistent and can even pause under heavy load. PS/2 has a hardware fifo buffer and uses timed interrupts, every 5ms if set to 200MHz (unlike USB, PS/2 does not need software to constantly poll the port either). It's kind of like how a consistent 60fps is more pleasant to use than 144fps max that drops to 60fps in a firefight.

Be aware that the long discontinued MX518 from 2005 (and the MX300 from 2002 for low sens gamers) are in such high demand that's it's difficult to find one that's not counterfeit nowadays. The real ones work and came with a USB to PS/2 pinout adapter. You can at least test the port with any optical PS/2-only office mouse.

The problem may be exacerbated by how nVidia's driver discards/delays frames (eg for vSync), varies their length (for g-Sync) or prerenders/buffers multiple frames before sending them to the display, so also try a fixed low refresh rate to help keep the mouse movement in each displayed frame more consistent.

denizekofficial

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
I get what you mean, I agree that ps/2 gives the lowest input lag, but nowadays is not that much noticable.

I know pros are using mostly the ps2 for the keyboard.

Believe me We tried with generic drivers, but the point despite input lag why we have slowdowns? For no reason?

Going for ps2 mouse is not an option even yeah I agree it gives the lowest input lag.

We want to find what is causing the inconsistency on the movement.

We also tried Linux.

My friend bought PC same as mine and I worked on his PC about 2 days and it was Normal, consistent movement no input lag.(I did install his win 10, I did all the tweaks like I did to my PC), this is the mystery we are trying to find out.

Thanks for the reply!

Apr 9, 2018

Hello denizek, I had the delayed mouse issue since march...
I changed my whole PC, reintalled drivers, windows 10 etc,.. nothing worked.
So by time now, I was wondering if you found something ? I'll be very very thankful if you do.

If you haven't find any solution, I have my idea :
So as I said I replaced every component of my pc, from cpu to gpu, even a new HDD because I though it was caused by a virus, I also got a new PSU because I though I had an electricity problem, and recently I got a new monitor with higher refresh rate (from 60 to 144Hz). And guess what, the delay is still fcking here. So, since I changed everything, even my appartement (not an electricity problem), I come to the conclusion that the issue is caused by the recent windows updates (1709-1803). Before those update (1607), my older pc was fine, responsive...

I really hope that's the problem because otherwise, I'm lost, I don't know what it could be...

I'm really really sad and angry at the same time, this ruin my gaming experience, even on the desktop and bios I get this fcking delay... And all this money I used to built those "2 PC", seems to be wasted...

Status
Not open for further replies.