Ethereum Founder Unveils Roadmap For Next-Gen Blockchain

Status
Not open for further replies.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
Ethereum is pretty cool, code can be executed on the block-chain. Potentially you could use it as a distributed web server

drinking12many

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
The one concern I have with all these cryptocurrencies is that there is nothing which prevents millions of them from existing, we see quite a few already. So over time there could be so many that they all become equally worthless. What really prevents that from happening. It is its own sort of hyperinflation of sorts. Sure there may be limited coins in any one specific currency, but over time the shear number of them reduces the value of all.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
@drinking12many if many people think a bunch of different cryptocurrencies have value, then they'll all have value. If most people think only a few currencies have value, then only those will have (significant) value.
You could say the same thing about stocks. There's no limit on how many publicly traded companies there can be. You just have to convince people that your enterprise has value, much like someone launching a new cryptocoin would.

drinking12many

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
I suppose that is true, and in that respect no different than the currency of many small nations or even large ones for that matter. It just seems like a way many people could lose their shirt investing in shit cryptocoins... i guess its the same risk as stocks. I am mining ethereum myself because might as well make money off of it while its possible and I bought an RX480 when they came out for games... this is just a bonus its what any good investor should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.