Question Ethermet connection slow when laptop on AC-power

gnvdk

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
When I use a ethernet (cabled) connection to the internet and work on battery power, my internet speed is around 30 Mbps, if I plug in the charger (AC-power) this speed drops to around 5-6 Mbps. When working wireless I don't notice any difference. I really don't understand how this is possible. Can someone explain and perhaps point to a solution?

Laptop: Acer E 15, Windows 10, 8Gb memory, Realtek PCIe Gbe family ethernet card.

gnvdk

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
Thanks for your reaction. I actually tried that. It didn't change anything (all power management options where the same: plugged or wireless).

To add to the mystery I tried the same on another network: no change of internet speed (about 190 Mbps) when I plugged or unplugged the charger.

Changing cables and sockets in the original network didn't help (still low speed on AC-power). Other laptops didn't have the problem.

Unfortunately I cannot fiddle around with the router/switch of the network where i experience the speed drop. It's a business set-up from a client.

Any other pointers what to look for?

gnvdk

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
Well, I can't either..... lol.. so you are not the only one. Thanks for thinking about it anyway!

Maybe someone else has a brain wave we don't.