[SOLVED] Ethernet 2 doesnt have a valid ip configuration

alleriaq

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Hi All,

I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting internet on my pc, troubleshooting brings up ethernet 2 doesnt have a valid ip configuration. I have tried everything that i can find but none of the solutions seems to work.

I have tried reinstalling drivers, turning the router/modem/pc on and off, flushing dns and all the other solutions that pop up frequently.

I tried putting in a static IP also, but i couldnt find my default gateway as it appears blank.

I'm also using a powerline adapter.

I can provide extra information if needed

Solution
Your router assigns IP addresses (and other info) to devices through a protocol called DHCP. Clearly your computer is not receiving this information or it is not processing it correctly. So, the first question is are there any other devices (phone, tablet, game console, etc) on your network that are working properly? If so, then it is likely an issue with your computer.

If not, then we have to question how you connect to the internet. Is this a new connection or established? Are you using an ISP provided router, your own router, or something else?
Your router assigns IP addresses (and other info) to devices through a protocol called DHCP. Clearly your computer is not receiving this information or it is not processing it correctly. So, the first question is are there any other devices (phone, tablet, game console, etc) on your network that are working properly? If so, then it is likely an issue with your computer.

If not, then we have to question how you connect to the internet. Is this a new connection or established? Are you using an ISP provided router, your own router, or something else?

Solution