Question ethernet 2 doesn't have a valid ip configuration.

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
I have a laptop with working wifi. I want to connect ethernet to my pc with cable. but on pc it shows "ethernet 2 doesn't have a valid ip configuration."

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
On the laptop do you have the Mobile hotspot option?

If so then reference the first link that I provided.

Post further questions or problems. Include what you did and any error information.
There is green light on my laptop ethernet port and orange light on pc.But in control panel i am seeing Unidentified network and No internet access.

Ralston18

Titan
Is that what happened when you tried the link I provided? Any error messages or pop-up Windows?

Look carefully: There may be two lights on each side of the LAN (ethernet) ports on the respective laptop and pc.

Refer to the laptop's and pc's User Guides to learn the meaning of the green and orange lights: e.g., connectivity, speed, data transfers.....

With the laptop and pc connected with a known working ethernet cable, run "ipconfig /all" via the Command Prompt on each device. No other connections. Post the results.

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
Is that what happened when you tried the link I provided? Any error messages or pop-up Windows?

Look carefully: There may be two lights on each side of the LAN (ethernet) ports on the respective laptop and pc.

Refer to the laptop's and pc's User Guides to learn the meaning of the green and orange lights: e.g., connectivity, speed, data transfers.....

With the laptop and pc connected with a known working ethernet cable, run "ipconfig /all" via the Command Prompt on each device. No other connections. Post the results.
yes there are 2 ethernet lights on both pc and laptop one blinking and one still. I will post cmd results in some time please wait.