Ethernet Adapter set to 100Mbps only?

lordikutya

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Hi there !
We have a Gigabit connection over here, but since the provider installed it I could only measure the old 100ish Mbps speed. I called the provider, they came out today and made some tests. After correcting the cable issues he was able to measure 500+mbps speed on his device. So everything is working except for my PC. Looked into the Ethernet properties and found out that it is set to 100Mbps. I reinstalled the latest Intel network drivers but it did not solve the problem. I have an Asus Maximus Hero VI motherboard and according to Asus it has a Gigabit adapter " Intel® I217V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s) " stated on their website. What could I do ?

ron2456

Distinguished
1. Type ncpa.cpl in windows run (winkey + r).
2. Right click on ethernet adapter click properties.
3. Click on configure on top.
4. Scroll down and set speed and duplex to 1gbps.
5. If already on 1gbos and still ethernet shows up as 100Mbps then reinstall the drivers and replace the Lan cable that you are using or re-crimp the RJ45 jack.

lordikutya

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
I successfully set it to 1Gpbs , ran a diagnose, it said the Link Partner is insufficient for such speeds, so I grabbed a newer cable, and with that one it allowed me to set the speed to 1Gbps, thanks for advice

TRENDING THREADS