Question Ethernet and wifi are not working properly after replacing laptop hard disk

Aug 28, 2019
So, the gaming ports on my college LAN are blocked (smh). But I could still download Fortnite updates on LAN after logging in to Epic Games through mobile data. Recently I had to replace my laptop hard disk and install Windows anew and since then I can't download Fortnite. Same problem is happening on Steam.
Another problem that has come up is that I can't get internet through a LAN cable but wifi works fine. Any solutions??

Sep 2, 2019
So, the gaming ports on my college LAN are blocked (smh). But I could still download Fortnite updates on LAN after logging in to Epic Games through mobile data. Recently I had to replace my laptop hard disk and install Windows anew and since then I can't download Fortnite. Same problem is happening on Steam.
Another problem that has come up is that I can't get internet through a LAN cable but wifi works fine. Any solutions??
This may be caused by faulty hardware or drivers and i doubt this could be caused by a HDD replacement, but whoever did the HDD replacement may have knocked a conection loose

Hope this helped!

Bigwil

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
AfnanShk73, didn't work is not a helpful answer. Did you find the support page of the laptops manufacturer, i.e. support.hp.com or support.dell.com? Do you know what type of Lan driver you need? Go into Control Panel > Device Manager and check and write down every device that has a red x next to it. Then let us know what you find, model of the laptop, OS Windows version you are using. E.g. Win 7 or Win X.

Aug 28, 2019
AfnanShk73, didn't work is not a helpful answer. Did you find the support page of the laptops manufacturer, i.e. support.hp.com or support.dell.com? Do you know what type of Lan driver you need? Go into Control Panel > Device Manager and check and write down every device that has a red x next to it. Then let us know what you find, model of the laptop, OS Windows version you are using. E.g. Win 7 or Win X.
Yes, I found the support page (HP). It said that I already have the latest drivers installed...but I installed all the network related ones again anyway.
I checked in device manager...no red Xs.
Model No.: 15-bs123ne
Windows 10

Bigwil

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
AfnanShk73, thanks for the info. Try this: Press the Windows key and type Control Panel> Click Open > Click on Network and Sharing Center >Click Change adapter settings > Right click on Ethernet and Select Properties > Make sure Client for Microsoft Networks, File and Print..., QoS..., Internet Protocol V4 and IP Version 6 are checked. Now report back to us.

Latest posts