[SOLVED] ethernet and wireless cant lan play on the same internet.

May 16, 2021
so i just got my internet upgraded. everything went okay until i try to join my ps3 ftp server. for some reason, i just cant connect. it keeps giving me errors that doesnt make any sense. i tried enabling file logging, but it still told me the same thing. so i mingled around it for over 5 hours until i gave up cuz it just doesnt wanna connect. after i gaved up, my little brother told me to play minecraft bedrock edition with him. i handed him my phone cuz im going to play at the pc (since bedrock can crossplay). i created a world and i told my brother to join. seems like my lan server never showed up in my phone so i asked my brother to join my lan server. it still didnt show up. for some reason my internet disabled lan connection between ethernet and wireless. IM SO CONFUSED. HELP.

Solution
You have to be very careful about what IP you are talking about.

The lan IP are generally 192.168.x.x on most home installs. You can not attempt to use the ip you see on whatsmyip. That is your public IP and it is not used when you are talking to other lan devices.

Try to disable the firewall in your PC and see if ping works. Ping has to work to the router IP or you would not be able to connect to the internet.
So what IP address did you use. Did you use the local lan IP.

Can you ping the lan IP. If ping works and other do not there might be a firewall rule. Try to disable the firewall on the pc temporarily and see if it works.

Do you have more than 1 router, your devices might be on different networks.

May 16, 2021
So what IP address did you use. Did you use the local lan IP.

Can you ping the lan IP. If ping works and other do not there might be a firewall rule. Try to disable the firewall on the pc temporarily and see if it works.

Do you have more than 1 router, your devices might be on different networks.
i only have one router and for some reason i cannot connect to my wireless connected laptop. i tried it with minecraft, warcraft, and alot of lan coop games. and yes i did use the lan ip.
edit: also, i tried to ping my phone and laptop ipv4 address (my phone and laptop is connected wirelessly and the pc im using to ping this devices is connected via ethernet)
and it says destination host unreachable.

Last edited:
You have to be very careful about what IP you are talking about.

The lan IP are generally 192.168.x.x on most home installs. You can not attempt to use the ip you see on whatsmyip. That is your public IP and it is not used when you are talking to other lan devices.

Try to disable the firewall in your PC and see if ping works. Ping has to work to the router IP or you would not be able to connect to the internet.

Solution