[SOLVED] Ethernet but no wifi, have tried all solutions

May 28, 2020
A couple of days ago the internet suddenly went out on my Netgear R7800 all across the house, knocking out our smart devices in the process.

The wifi lights on the device are on, and I've tried holding it down; I've power cycled and hard reset both the modem and the router which did not solve the issue.

There's also construction going on outside the house right now, which had cut one of my ethernet cables which I've since replaced, but I don't think that has anything to do with, say, cutting the coax since I'm still getting a connection to the internet via my wired connection.

My dad is thinking about replacing the modem entirely since he's tried calling our ISP and they were unable to fix the situation.

I can try to provide more info as necessary

Solution
The modem won't matter since it does not have wifi. The problem has to be with your netgear router.

Make sure you follow the instructions to factory reset it.

Change the network ssid to something you will be sure to identify. If you do not see these on any of your devices the router has likely failed. It is unusual for both the 2.4 and 5g radio to fail at the same time but it can happen.

The equipment could have failed long ago and was just waiting for the first time the power was turned off and on to see it.
The modem won't matter since it does not have wifi. The problem has to be with your netgear router.

Make sure you follow the instructions to factory reset it.

Change the network ssid to something you will be sure to identify. If you do not see these on any of your devices the router has likely failed. It is unusual for both the 2.4 and 5g radio to fail at the same time but it can happen.

The equipment could have failed long ago and was just waiting for the first time the power was turned off and on to see it.

Solution