[SOLVED] Ethernet Cable not being detected by PC

Luscion

Honorable
Feb 4, 2015
For the last couple of hours I haven't been able to get internet, I don't think its the ethernet port of the pc as when its off or if i disable Lan controller in the bios the orange light blinks, but turns off as soon as i turn the pc on. my adapter is also showing in both device manager and network connections but shows (network cable unplugged) on my desktop pc
, I've tried reinstalling drivers, updating network drivers from both intel and asus, resetting the modem, resetting via netsh commands and nothing works. I know its not the cable because when i plug it into my laptop i get internet access. I'm completely lost as to what the cause could be, any insight would be appreciated

cpu - amd ryzen 2600
motherboard - asus rog strix f x470 gaming
psu - 700w thermaltake psu

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
welp fixed it, turns out it was the cable, it would only work with laptops and not any of my desktops, wierd, went out got a new cable, hooked it up and have internet once again

Luscion

Honorable
Feb 4, 2015
welp fixed it, turns out it was the cable, it would only work with laptops and not any of my desktops, wierd, went out got a new cable, hooked it up and have internet once again

Solution