Question Ethernet Cable not Detected and Wifi Disconnects

Mar 5, 2019
Greetings,

I have a couple of issues with my laptop. I have a Aero 14 (GTX 1060) that I bought roughly three yeas ago. This past 7 months its had several issues regarding internet connection. Right now it the Wifi connection will go off and on sporadically throughout the day and it will not switch to a wired connection. This problem becomes worse when playing multiplayer games and it can happen every 30-60 seconds in a match. The laptop does not have an ethernet port so I use an ethernet adapter instead. This worked during the first 2 years but now it does not. Which leads IT to believe that it has to be a driver problem since the adapter's wires are connected but the drivers were all updated. I downloaded the appropriate driver for my laptop model that dates back to 2016 and I still have the same issue. I tried doing a factory reset and it didn't work either.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your laptop. I'd suggest that you download the drivers found off of Gigabyte's support site on a donor system and install the drivers manually in an elevated command. That is, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.