Ethernet Cable Not Detected When Connected From The Wall To My PC

Noamias

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
As the title says my issue is that my PC does not connect ethernet cable-connection when the ethernet cable is plugged into the wall. But when I plug our second router/repeater into the same wall-jack with the router's ethernet cable it works as it should so it's not the wall-jack that's broken. And when I plug the same ethernet cable I connect to my PC and the wall-jack into the router that's connected to the same wall-jack as I tried plugging my ethernet cable that I have connected to my PC it works fine so it's not the ethernet cable that's broken either, or anything else in my PC (I think).

It's just that it doesn't work when I directly use my ethernetcable from the wall jack to my PC, it just won't detect it for some reason.

Please help me, thanks!

Solution
I will assume you mean you have

Router-----jack1-----cable inside wall----jack2-----pc.

The problem you can have is cable can be partially defective. It will work on some devices and not others. You need to take the wall plates off and inspect the wires and make sure the color pattern is correct on both ends and that all the wires are firmly pressed into the jack.

Many times your only option is to blindly cut off a very short amount of wire and re terminate it into the jack. It is pure lucky as to which end you try and if it will work. There are meters that will test cable and jacks but they are way out the price range for anyone but a professional. You could hire someone to come in and use their meter to fix it for much...
I will assume you mean you have

Router-----jack1-----cable inside wall----jack2-----pc.

The problem you can have is cable can be partially defective. It will work on some devices and not others. You need to take the wall plates off and inspect the wires and make sure the color pattern is correct on both ends and that all the wires are firmly pressed into the jack.

Many times your only option is to blindly cut off a very short amount of wire and re terminate it into the jack. It is pure lucky as to which end you try and if it will work. There are meters that will test cable and jacks but they are way out the price range for anyone but a professional. You could hire someone to come in and use their meter to fix it for much less than you can buy a meter.

The only good things is the actual wire in the wall tends to never go bad it is always the jacks or maybe the patch cables.

Solution