[SOLVED] ethernet cable suddenly is ''not detected'' by new pc

Feb 25, 2020
So 2 days ago i built my new pc and decided to go with ethernet cable for internet connection.That ethernet cable comes from an Ethernet wall jack as the router is on another room. That router is used by noone but myself. For the last month i used this cable on my laptop and it worked great and later on i built the pc.

Now to the matter at hand. I built the pc, installed windows 10 pro(havent activated it yet), installed several drivers and then completed the windows update. The drivers i installed are these with that order: AMD RAID Installer (SATA, NVMe RAID), AMD Chipset Drivers, AMD RAID Driver (SATA, NVMe RAID), Radeon Software(20.4.2), Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise, Realtek HD Universal Driver, Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and finally Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Drivers. The last 3 drivers are from the msi website, while the others are from the amd website. All these drivers were downloaded by this new pc and did not show any internet problems.

When im doing something that requires the pc to stay a lot of time downloading stuff from the internet, the connection is lost. Example: i downloaded and installed league of legends without any problem, but when it needs to do the initial update the connection is lost around 10% of the download. When i check to see what happened it said that the ethernet cable is disconnected.

My PC parts:
mobo: MSI b450 tomahawk max
cpu: amd ryzen 7 3700x with wraith prism cooler
ram: corasair vengence 3200 mghz (2x 8gb sticks)
hdd: western digital caviar blue 1tb
ssd: samsung 970 evo plus nvme m.2 500 gb
gpu: sapphire radeon rx 5700 xt 8gb nitro+
case: kolink observatory
psu: corsair tx650m 80+ gold

PS: i'm taking a wild guess and blame it on the last drivers i mentioned (Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Drivers). I havent uninstaled any of them yet. I'm thinking about downloading some new drivers form here: https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

Solution
The cable may have worked great and may even continue to do so. However, plugging and unplugging may have created or aggravated some plug or port issue.

Swap in known working ethernet cables.

First between the wall outlet and your build.

Second between router and the patch panel/wall outlet serving your room's wall outlet.

Could even be an issue within the wall outlets/patch panel - loose punch down perhaps. Not a full disconnection but just enough to interrupt service.

Also look in the router's logs. The router's logs (if available and enabled) may have captured some error(s) relating to the disconnections.

Ralston18

Titan
The cable may have worked great and may even continue to do so. However, plugging and unplugging may have created or aggravated some plug or port issue.

Swap in known working ethernet cables.

First between the wall outlet and your build.

Second between router and the patch panel/wall outlet serving your room's wall outlet.

Could even be an issue within the wall outlets/patch panel - loose punch down perhaps. Not a full disconnection but just enough to interrupt service.

Also look in the router's logs. The router's logs (if available and enabled) may have captured some error(s) relating to the disconnections.

Solution