Ethernet cable wont connect to my pc only

Jul 8, 2018
My pc setup was in the first floor in my house so i decided to move my setup to the 2nd floor and i bought a 30m cat 6 ethernet cable and i managed to organize and trying to hide it next to the wall then when i plug it in suddenly there is a red mark in my ethernet icon and sometimes it changes to yellow with exclamation mark and it keeps going like this on and on for hours. So i plugged this cable to another compuer and it worked. Then i changed my ethernet to the old one that was 5m cat 6 and i plugged one side to my huawei portable wifi and the other side to my pc and it also worked! Im surprised that my 30m cable wont work only for my pc. If there is any suggestions or answers please help me i dont want to do the organizing for a new cable again.

pctech2005

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
what is the speed of the connection from the Huawei router to your pc? I am guessing it is 100 mb/s port. If the wire is supposed to be 1000 mb/s, to your main router, you may still have a wire issue as 100 mb/s uses 4wires/2pair and 1000 mb/s uses 8wires/4pair.

Jul 8, 2018
Im really confused atm because im not the professional in these stuff. But what i know is that my huawei pocket wifi gave 10mb/s to my PC but when i plugged my main router to my huawei . The huawei recieved 50mb/s and i think this is the maximum you can get of a this huawei model. My main router is 200Mb/s so it usually gives my pc 200mb/s

Jul 8, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from mohareb02 : "My pc wont connect to the ethernet"

My pc setup was in the first floor in my house so i decided to move my setup to the 2nd floor and i bought a 30m cat 6 ethernet cable and i managed to organize and trying to hide it next to the wall then when i plug it in suddenly there is a red mark in my ethernet icon and sometimes it changes to yellow with exclamation mark and it keeps going like this on and on for hours. So i plugged this cable to another compuer and it worked. Then i changed my ethernet to the old one that was 5m cat 6 and i plugged one side to my huawei portable wifi and the other side to my pc and it also worked! Im surprised that my 30m cable wont work only for my pc. If there is any suggestions or answers please help me i dont want to do the organizing for a new cable again.