May 15, 2020
Hello everyone I’m new to the PC World and I play a lot of games on my Asus PC. The problem is that i’ve always played with my wireless wifi that my other 3 members of my family are using, and that causes me to have high ping while playing. The modem is downstairs and my PC is upstairs, should i put an adapter on my room or should I connect my pc to an ethernet cable? Or what should I do to have better connection?

Solution
Na wouldn't bother. If you have good ping when no one is using the wifi, that just means the phone line can't cope with all of you's on at the same time.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
DSL can be quite fast for a phone line but the bandwidth (simultaneous connections) isn't great at all. Cable/fibre is preferred for a house hold.

I used to be on DSL and gaming online, two people max and that's just playing games. If someone downloaded something, that would be the end of it.

May 15, 2020
So I should try an ethernet cable but you say it might not work? Or the wireless connected devices might be slowed down if i connect my pc through the cable?

TRENDING THREADS