Jun 20, 2019
I need a 10m cable for my PS4 slim. My internet is only 20MB though. Which 1 is better for me? Is 6 worth it when I have a slow internet?

Another thing I've been wondering. I already have a 5e cable but it disconnects randomly. ( I tested it with different devices) If I splice it and change the jacks will it fixed the problem or could it be damaged internally somewhere else?
Not sure what you mean. In general most people do not have the skills to repair a cable and unless you have all the tools and the ends it is just cheaper to buy a new cable. Now if you are talking in wall cabling you have little option other than try to try to repair it. The cable itself is seldom bad, a rat could have gotten it or a nail but it is unlikely. Most times you can pull the wires out of the keystone cut off about 1/2 inch and repunch them down.

The problem with flat cables is the wire gauge is usually not spec. That is how they make them flatter, by using undersized wire. To get the proper twists and proper wire size, I will stick with round cable.
No one is saying you can't choose round if you want.
What I am saying is that what you say really has no basis.
If a flat cable is rated as cat5e/1Gb then it WILL be 1Gb. If it was not, then people would soon return it and it would be banned for false advertising.

No one is saying you can't choose round if you want.
What I am saying is that what you say really has no basis.
If a flat cable is rated as cat5e/1Gb then it WILL be 1Gb. If it was not, then people would soon return it and it would be banned for false advertising.
Problem is the term "CAT5e" is not a actual standard so lot and lots of fake cable being sold. The actual standard is a couple of them but the main one is EIA/TIA. There are all kinds of limitation but key is the cable MUST be copper. And the cable MUST be 22-24 gauge. Any wire that is not that standard automatically is NOT certified cat5e cable. It does not matter if it can pass 1gbit or not it is automatically disqualified. Non certified cable you only have the manufacture claim it and manufactures can say anything they want but does not make it true. Companies from china have actually been printing EIA/TIA on copper clad aluminum cable even though it is impossible they would have ever been granted a certification for the cable. There is massive false advertising all over amazon on this topic and nothing is done about it. Idiots still buy the cable when there are multiple bad reviews indicating it is fake cable.

The reason for the standard is so you know cable are compatible. Thing like CCA cable or flat thin wires may work for short distances or work when first installed and then fail. Things like copper clad aluminum become loose from the end connectors because of the different rates of expansion in the metals.

When it comes to cables you now days must assume the cable is a fake until you can prove otherwise.

Reactions: kanewolf