Specs are
MSI H310m
i5 9500
GT 1030
8GB DDR4
Gigabyte G24f Monitor
WiFi dual band router
And TP link AC750 Range extender

My AC750 extender is plugged straight right beside my PC and a CAT8 ethernet cable from Live tech (5 dollars) plugged into my motherboard from my WIFI extender. When I play valorant, the game crashes about 30 seconds later. Like this freezes the screen with no input from my mouse or keyboard. But the only thing that works is I can hear my teamates voice through the voice cat in the game. Other than that, the whole thing is frozen and restarting the PC with the CPU's restart button is the only option. But when I plug out that ethernet cable and plug in my USB WiFi dongle the game works absolutely fine. I'm 100% sure that my ethernet cable is the one causing the problem, but what can I do to fix it? Also, this is my first time having the ethernet cable on this computer.
If anyone could help me out, Id really appreciate it. Thank you for now, in advance.

I guess the first question that naturally comes to mind is "why do you have a cat8 cable?" Cat8 is a server grade cable and is way overkill for what you need, a cat6 cable would work just fine for your needs. But that's besides the point, have you tried using another cable in place of your current ethernet cable? It would make no sense for a cable to be the issue, but always good to cover your possible root causes, especially when the cable in question is a server grade one instead of a standard consumer one.
If replacing the cable also causes the same issue, then the issue might be your motherboard, there may be an issue with using the ethernet port. Try updating your motherboard's BIOS and updating your network drivers.

You can find all that here:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/h310m-gaming-plus/support (Please confirm with yourself first that this is indeed your motherboard before updating anything firmware related)

But also check Windows "Event viewer" > "Windows logs" > System, to see if there are any logs on what happened when everything just went dark. Any visual issues can mainly be attributed with your graphics card, but that's a much more expensive and complex component to test.

Reactions: Justin Cheong