[SOLVED] Ethernet connection disconnects after sleep

Dec 16, 2020
I look online for solutions on how to fix the internet if it disconnects after sleep mode but the only solutions that come up are all using WIFI and not ethernet which is the problem.
The tutorials suggest to:

Go to Device manager
Right-click on wifi drivers and click properties
Uncheck the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'
But for me, the button is already unchecked but the problems still occur.

I'm not sure if it has any problem but I've been using powerline and when this happens, I have to unplug it and replug it back in for it to work. Yes, it's a solution but having to do that every single time I put my PC to sleep very annoying.

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Post the results.

Ensure that only one network adapter either wired or wireless is enabled. Not both at the same time.

Manually download, reinstall, and reconfigure the network adapter's drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the times that Ethernet connectivity is lost.

Try running Window's built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow".

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Post the results.

Ensure that only one network adapter either wired or wireless is enabled. Not both at the same time.

Manually download, reinstall, and reconfigure the network adapter's drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the times that Ethernet connectivity is lost.

Try running Window's built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow".

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Solution