Ethernet Connection fast download speed slow upload speed

Nov 16, 2018
At the moment I am using a TP-Link Gigabit PCI Express Adapter, I had to buy this as my motherboard's Ethernet was limited to 10mbps full duplex and I had insanely slow download and upload speeds.

The problem is that my new download speed with the new adapter according to speedtest.net is 90Mbps and my upload is anywhere between 0.5 and 1.5mbps (used to be 0.07 before I changed a few settings), currently I am on auto negotiation and when it is changed to 10mbps full duplex I achieve 9mbps upload on the speed test. I am unsure of what is causing this and would like to find a solution. I will provide anymore information that is needed if anyone can help.

Thanks to anyone who tries to help me

Nov 16, 2018

Unfortunately I can't try a new cable, as this one goes for 200+ metres in the wall, But I believe it is not a cable problem as I run a speed test on my laptop and it has 90/45 mbps which is pretty much what we are paying for. Any further solutions?

Nov 16, 2018

I'm not using the motherboard Ethernet adapter as that was proven to be broken, http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5519_TG-3468.html I am using this as my ethernet port. I also believe is it not a cable problem since it works fine on my laptop. This is also a brand new PC, had problems with the Ethernet ever since I built it.

Nov 16, 2018

Is there anyway to fix this? and how come the download speed is still so high?

Nov 16, 2018

The download speed is high but the upload is low, that's why I believe it's something to do with the settings.

Putting a booster halfway would take a lot of effort and money so i'm not even sure its worth it.