[SOLVED] Ethernet connection IS SLOW!

Sep 27, 2021
Hello!
I am having an issue with my internet connection. I have spectrum with 400 mbs! I use the Linksys AC3200 WRT. I have my Ethernet cable from my router connected directly to my PS5! I legit cant play an online game of madden. It kicks me out. I don’t understand why I lag so bad when I play online. Any advice? The router is fairly new.

Solution
Your ping is very unstable you have 83.2 ms of Jitter it should be close to Zero. You need to figure out if it's ISP issue such as issue with you coaxial/telephone line or local issue ( issue with your modem/router and ethernet connection.)
How long is the ethernet cable? Is it a small cable next to the router? Try a good different cable preferably a good quality cable and check if that fixes the issue?
Can you post thinkbroadband results? Not sure if this service is available in US, it's much better for diagnosing.

If it's not an issue on your end you will have to call your ISP and have them look into it.

haseeb98ahm

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
Your ping is very unstable you have 83.2 ms of Jitter it should be close to Zero. You need to figure out if it's ISP issue such as issue with you coaxial/telephone line or local issue ( issue with your modem/router and ethernet connection.)
How long is the ethernet cable? Is it a small cable next to the router? Try a good different cable preferably a good quality cable and check if that fixes the issue?
Can you post thinkbroadband results? Not sure if this service is available in US, it's much better for diagnosing.

If it's not an issue on your end you will have to call your ISP and have them look into it.

Solution