Ethernet Connection Problem Please Help

Sixten_1

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
A few weeks ago, my computer stopped detecting any internet connection from my ethernet cable. I know for a fact both the cable and the ethernet port on my computer work because I have tried them in my brother's apartment and I have managed to get internet access. I have also tried to connect to the internet in my own apartment with my brother's computer and that too succeeded. I have called my wireless service and they said nothing is faulty or abnormal with my connection. I'm very confused please help.

Solution
This is a impossible situation you have just posed. You swapped clients and only your client doesn't work, but then you said your client works at another location. This is impossible.

How much troubleshooting can you do? how much networking do you know? Error messages? You are our eyes, unless you disclose a lot more, we are just as blind as you are.

BuddhaSkoota

Admirable

It would be difficult to offer suggestions without knowing exactly what indications and error messages you are seeing. Any and all details would be helpful.

First, do the lights on the Ethernet ports light up when connected?

Does your computer get a proper IP address? Check using ipconfig or the Ethernet adapter properties.

What error messages do you get for the adapter or when using your browser?

This is a impossible situation you have just posed. You swapped clients and only your client doesn't work, but then you said your client works at another location. This is impossible.

How much troubleshooting can you do? how much networking do you know? Error messages? You are our eyes, unless you disclose a lot more, we are just as blind as you are.

Solution

Sixten_1

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015