Ethernet connection works fine WiFi does not

darkrepulser

Reputable
May 29, 2014
So we have some bad weather the last day and even since my modem and router WiFi connections aren't working but wired works fine. We had 3 power cuts maybe that has something to do with it but yeah any help would be greatly appreciated. Router model is a tp link archer c50 and modem is Huawei hg659b.
Edit just tried my old router too still having the same issue.

Does the issue happens across all devices?
Which OS are you using?
Does your WiFi is appears from the list of available WiFi devices?
Are you getting any errors when trying to connect?

Try resetting your router and also delete the wireless network profiles from your computers.

darkrepulser

Reputable
May 29, 2014
Yes on every device android and Windows 10 all pcs and laptops are win 10.No errors just no Internet connection. Tried deleting network profiles and resetting modem and router. Also I just figured out its only my pc that works through the ethernet iv tried all the laptops and pcs in the house with the same cable and my pc is the only one that gets Internet. It just doesn't make sense so no WiFi on any device and ethernet only working on one pc.

I think you need to test a very carefully to be sure what you think happens does. Since you tried more than 1 router that implies the issue is not a failure of the radio chips or some configuration issue. It would be unlikely 2 routers have the same failure. That leaves the end devices. Problem is it would be rare for multiple devices to have the same failure at the same time.

So I got this far when I realized what you are calling a modem is actually a dsl modem/router. It also has wifi radios. Unless you went to a lot of trouble it is hard to run a dsl modem/router as only a modem.

I would suspect that box even though you technically should have been able to run router behind router without issues.