[SOLVED] Ethernet Connectivity Problems (Computer settings suspect, not the router or TP-Link Wired Connection)

Dec 26, 2020
Hi all - I'm at a loss after hours of searching. I fought with my two desktops to find out how to transfer files via LAN/ethernet cable and finally figured it out after many tweaks. The bad news - when I went to plug the ethernet cable back into my TP-Link 1200mbps Powerline Adapter it fails to connect to the internet. Note: the internet works on my other wifi enabled computer, just not this one using the TP-Link Wired Connection - but it did work prior to my tweaking to transfer files via LAN/ethernet cable.

I've tried resetting the ethernet properties, I've tried "obtain an IP address automatically", I've tried different IP addresses I found on my internet providers website. I'm at a loss because I don't think there is anything wrong with my internet or TP-Link - but with my computer settings. Any advice would be super appreciated!

I'm not tech illiterate, but not savvy with this type of thing either.

Dec 26, 2020
Have you tried unplugging all your Powerline adaptors from their wall sockets ,leave off for 10 seconds and then reconnect it usually works for me .
I need to hang my head in shame. I restarted and unplugged my computer, I spent hours tinkering with settings... I didn't unplug the damn Powerline. Worked like a charm!

SOLUTION: Unplug the powerline adapters for 10 seconds, allowing them to reset.