Ethernet connects and reconnects after sleep.

Feb 10, 2019
Alright so I have browsed through some threads without seeing my specific issue. I have recently did a clean install of Windows 10 on my PC.
I connect with Ethernet, all is well. Windows goes to sleep and when I get back on the internet goes in and out of connection usually every 20-30 seconds.

This is not an issue on my PC as I can still youtube and stream music even with the interruptions. However, this is interfering severely with gaming.

I have disabled every single energy saving option that has to do with my ethernet port. I have updated all drivers as well.

I even used a usb wireless adapter. It worked like a charm until the PC went to sleep. Went back on and same problem every 20-30 seconds.

Last night I updated the drivers to my PCI ethernet. Internet worked just fine until the PC went to sleep. Then the connection issues again.

I'd love to just keep my PC running forever but I would like for it to go to sleep mode or me to shut it down without having these connection interruptions. Any ideas?

Hello

I was wondering if you tried the following:

* Search for and open Power & Sleep Settings using the Cortana search box.

* Go to Additional power settings under the Related settings section.

* Click Change plan settings for the currently selected power plan.

* Click Change advanced power settings.

* Expand Wireless Adapter Settings > Power Saving Mode.

* Set both On battery and Plugged in to Maximum Performance.

* Do the same for PCI Express > Link State Power Management as well and see if the issue is fixed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

TRENDING THREADS