Ethernet Contoller failed to install

HATZ49

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
Hi guys.
So as the title says, I am unable to use internet on my computer as it shows that *Ethernet controller failed to install* or *Ethernet Controller's* driver missing in device manager. What I've done so far is buying a new network card and placing in the PCIe slot, the modem shows that internet/wire is plugged in but I can't seem to use the internet. It shows a red cross on the internetpc icon. I've tried installing 3-4 different types of drivers some of which I found here and on my motherboard's support's site (ASUS P5G41T-M LX) and as you can figure it out still no luck. I've even tried uninstalling and installing them again in safe mode but still no luck. I've read numerous threads here but still can't seem to know whats wrong in my case here. Lastly few hours back I even re-installed my windows 7 ultimate with complete format but I STILL CANT USE INTERNET.
http://imgur.com/a/wkxe1 (3 screenshots so you can get a clear idea of the problem that I am facing)
Thank you.

RealBeast

Titan
Did you buy an identical Ethernet card? If not, you should be using the latest drivers for that specific card.

Otherwise, with the original card in the device manager right click on the "Ethernet controller" select update driver software, then select the manual option (the lower of the two), then find the downloaded driver folder that you should have uncompressed already and select the Windows 7 x64 folder and install.

HATZ49

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016

I've manually tried doing it but it says *Driver not found*

TRENDING THREADS