Question Ethernet Controller Gone

Andyandyy

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2012
Hi all,

I recently changed my motherboard to the MSI X570 Tomahawk Wifi. I've been using the board for a solid 4 months now. In the middle of the use today, my ethernet just stopped working.

I restarted my router, modem, updated BIOS to the latest firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek Lan Driver from MSI's website.

I also checked Device Manager > Network Adapters, and Realtek does not show up. I see Bluetooth Device, Intel Wifi, WAN Miniport

Any idea how to fix this or is it a dead Ethernet port within 4 months of use?

Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600x CPU
16GB G SKillz DDR4 RAM
MSI X570 Tomahawk WIFI MOBO
Asus 1070Ti GPU
500GB 970 Evo SSD

Andyandyy

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2012
Any unidentified devices?
(with yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager)

None unfortunately. When I reinstalled Realtek LAN Driver, at the end, it popped up a message saying:

"The Realtek Network Controller was not found.
IF Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable."

I checked around forums regarding how to turn deep sleep off, and it was never on to begin with in my power configuration.

Andyandyy

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2012
Aww man... It's only been 4months, I always get lemons. I've attached an image of my BIOS. I have no idea what those other settings are, but it was default disabled. LAN Controller is enabled though. I did the disable, restart, enable.

Currently I have an ethernet connected to an Ethernet extender, with another ethernet attached to the other end of the extender. Could a crappy extender possible kill a motherboard LAN Controller? I would assume the power draw on that is so low it'll be nearly impossible?

View: https://imgur.com/Gbg0YI6

Andyandyy

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2012
So I messaged MSI, and they told me to clear CMOS and try first. I cleared CMOS and the ethernet came back for 2 days. However, today when I turned my computer on, it disappeared again. What can be causing this...?