Ethernet disconnecting frequently

GangstaSlime

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2015
For at least a year now, I've been having my internet disconnect a few times every day and it's usually at the same times each day. I'll be doing something on my desktop and then I get the yellow "!" over my ethernet connection icon on my taskbar. It usually disconnects for a range of a few seconds or about 10 minutes.

I use a Netgear Powerline AV500 (it's the older, bulkier version) and I've tried switching out cords, updating drivers, and searching other forums and I've never found a result. I have a TP Link N900 that I tried using multiple times, but it's significantly slower than my ethernet. I've spent at least a year now dealing with it, but now I'm really annoyed by it.

I'm open to buying a new Powerline, but I don't want to and have it not fix the problem :/
Any and all help is appreciated

**Specs**
MSI AMD Radeon R9 270X Gaming 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Cards (x2)
MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Noctua NH-D14 6 Dual Heatpipe Dual Fan Heatsink
Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 RAM
WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB SSD
NZXT Phantom 410 Case

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I have the same issue with the powerline adapter. Just randomly dis-connects usually for around a minute or so. I have re-installed the adapters on several occasions, no luck. I'm slightly curious if it doesn't have something to do with the power-saving "feature" on the adapter. I finally gave up on the things and just switched over to wireless. Interested to see if anyone has found a solution.