Question Ethernet Disconnects and reconnects

eugenelim.2004

Prominent
Jul 7, 2018
My ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting for like 1-5 minutes and after that the wifi will be really bad like when I’m playing Fortnite there will be the Low wifi signal the entire time somethings the ethernet isn’t even disconnected but my game stops because of not enough internet flow I have alr previously made a thread where a helpful guy told me to download adwmalware thing and I deleted viruses and it was fixed for like a day and came back need help asap

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
If you've already created a thread for this previously, it might be better to go back to that thread and continue working with the people that have been helping you.

That being said, first we need to clarify your issue if we're going to find a solution.

You mentioned that your ethernet keeps disconnecting. Ethernet typically refers to RJ-45 patch cable, which is to say one of these (they come in different colors, the color isn't important)....

1280px-EthernetCableGreen.jpg

Are you using one of these connected to your PC, or are you using Wi-Fi?

Once we know this we can help you troubleshoot your problem and get you back to gaming in no time :)

eugenelim.2004

Prominent
Jul 7, 2018
If you've already created a thread for this previously, it might be better to go back to that thread and continue working with the people that have been helping you.

That being said, first we need to clarify your issue if we're going to find a solution.

You mentioned that your ethernet keeps disconnecting. Ethernet typically refers to RJ-45 patch cable, which is to say one of these (they come in different colors, the color isn't important)....

1280px-EthernetCableGreen.jpg

Are you using one of these connected to your PC, or are you using Wi-Fi?

Once we know this we can help you troubleshoot your problem and get you back to gaming in no time :)
yes i am using something similar to this maybe not so big

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
Alright then let's try this...

Go to your start menu and type in CMD and open it. Type ping 8.8.8.8 and post the response here. The command should send four "ping" requests to Google's DNS servers (they're reliable which is why I like to use them for this test).

It helps us to get an idea of how stable your connection is. It's a little short of a test, but it's simple.

Once you've done that, I also want you to do a speed test. You can choose another website for this if you prefer, but I've found https://www.speedtest.net/ to be the most reliable. That gives us an idea of what your bandwidth is.

Lastly, is this still an issue? It's possible that this was a problem on Fortnite's side rather than yours.