Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration, but a different connector does

K_Sutton

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016
When I use my TP-Link powerline adapter via ethernet, I get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" error, I sometimes even get an invalid gateway error to.

When I use a different powerline adapter (this one is from netgear), it connects perfectly however the connection sometimes randomly drops, and I also get consistent lag spikes whilst playing online games - whereas I did not when using the TP-Link adapter. The adapter just randomly stopped working, I've tried in both my PS4 and the PC and neither of them can connect via the adapter. Both adapters should be functioning as normal.

All my drivers are upto date via "Driver Booster", I haven't tried uninstalling my NIC driver, although if there is a chance that'll fix this issue then I shall try it.

I am also running Windows 10, currently preparing to install the update released a few days ago.

Thanks

Solution
Hello K_Sutton,

This error messages usually means that the dhcp server can't give you're device an ip address. To fix this problem, you should give all you're devices a static ip address. Also, if you are using a VPN, it might be the cause of it.

Good luck!

MrGoldenKity

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Hello K_Sutton,

This error messages usually means that the dhcp server can't give you're device an ip address. To fix this problem, you should give all you're devices a static ip address. Also, if you are using a VPN, it might be the cause of it.

Good luck!

Solution