[SOLVED] Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2022
I’ve been getting this error for a while now. It fixes itself, then it doesn’t. I’ve tried every solution online for this error and nothing seems to fix it. I’m using a tp link Ethernet adapter that isn’t that brand new but has always been working. Could it have gone bad, do I need to update my bios or has my motherboard gone bad? I’m using B450M DS3H and Ryzen 5 2600. Any suggestions on how to permanently fix this?

Solution
One is connected directly to the wall and the one in my room isn’t. Didn’t know it interfered with it, been using the power strip ever since I got my pc and I haven’t had a problem until now. Definitely will try using a long Ethernet cable and test that out. Thanks.
Definitely move the powerline adapter to the wall. Your sudden problem could be from a new "wall wart" charger from some device putting noise on the powerline. That also interferes with powerline network adapters. Are there any new devices plugged in? The new device might even be in a different room ...

kanewolf

Titan
I’ve been getting this error for a while now. It fixes itself, then it doesn’t. I’ve tried every solution online for this error and nothing seems to fix it. I’m using a tp link Ethernet adapter that isn’t that brand new but has always been working. Could it have gone bad, do I need to update my bios or has my motherboard gone bad? I’m using B450M DS3H and Ryzen 5 2600. Any suggestions on how to permanently fix this?
Why are you not using the motherboard ethernet ?

kanewolf

Titan
My router is on one end of the house and my pc is on the other. Do you think it’ll fix if I connect ethernet cable to router to my pc ? Only thing I haven’t tried yet.
You said you were "using a tp link Ethernet adapter" , but you actually meant a TP-Link WIFI adapter ...
Is this a WIFI extender that you have an ethernet cable coming from ? What is the model number ?

Jan 25, 2022
You said you were "using a tp link Ethernet adapter" , but you actually meant a TP-Link WIFI adapter ...
Is this a WIFI extender that you have an ethernet cable coming from ? What is the model number ?
Yeah, sorry. I meant a powerline Ethernet adapter that connects to the router and one that connects to my pc, if that makes sense.

kanewolf

Titan
Yeah, sorry. I meant a powerline Ethernet adapter that connects to the router and one that connects to my pc, if that makes sense.
OK, so you are using the motherboard ethernet port, but have a powerline segment in your network.
Are both powerline adapters plugged directly into the wall ? Power strips interfere.
To test, you do need to get a long ethernet cable and plug directly into your primary router.

Jan 25, 2022
OK, so you are using the motherboard ethernet port, but have a powerline segment in your network.
Are both powerline adapters plugged directly into the wall ? Power strips interfere.
To test, you do need to get a long ethernet cable and plug directly into your primary router.
One is connected directly to the wall and the one in my room isn’t. Didn’t know it interfered with it, been using the power strip ever since I got my pc and I haven’t had a problem until now. Definitely will try using a long Ethernet cable and test that out. Thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
Definitely move the powerline adapter to the wall. Your sudden problem could be from a new "wall wart" charger from some device putting noise on the powerline. That also interferes with powerline network adapters. Are there any new devices plugged in? The new device might even be in a different room ...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.