[SOLVED] Ethernet Doesn't Have a Valid IP (Unidentified Network at Startup)

SirJ0K3R

Honorable
Dec 11, 2015
Every time I boot up my PC I have this issue that makes the network unavailable until I either repplug the ethernet cable or if I reenable the adapter.

Things I've tried so far:

1- Switch ethernet cables;
2- Turn off the router for 30s;
3- Install the drivers listed on my motherboard's support page.

All this after performing a clean installation of Windows 10.

Motherboard is: B450 Tomahawk (MSI)

I hope you all have a fantastic new year,
Thanks in advance!

Solution

Is your PC the only device connecting to the internet or the only one with problems?

How long has this problem been occurring?

Right click the Network - click Properties - Click on IpV6(Internet Protocol Version 6). Make sure...

SirJ0K3R

Honorable
Dec 11, 2015

Yes, directly connected to the router.
The cable is a bit aged but I believe it's a cat5e, yes. The other one I tested was also a cat5e.

Is your PC the only device connecting to the internet or the only one with problems?

How long has this problem been occurring?

Right click the Network - click Properties - Click on IpV6(Internet Protocol Version 6). Make sure it is set to obtain the IP address automatically.

Click Start - type Internet Options - Click Connections tab, Click LAN settings and make sure it is set to automatic.

Were all cables(power and data) disconnected. Did you hold that reset button down in back of the router for 30 seconds at power on?

Some people have a static IP address and others have an address that changes which is aka a dynamic IP address. You probably have the latter. Your ISP could tell you definitively.

Solution

SirJ0K3R

Honorable
Dec 11, 2015

The only one with this issue.

This has been occuring for some time, but only now has been happening every restart.

IPv6 and IPv4 is set to obtain IP automatically and DNS' are set.
But even with automatic DNS' the problem still occurs.

LAN Settings are set to auto as well.

I'll try long pressing the start button when I get home.

Thanks for the reply.