Question ethernet faster on laptop than on my desktop?

Kiki66666

Reputable
Oct 25, 2016
Edit: Google chrome also started a few days ago with and error code when i watch youtube videos i have to refesh the page to watch it, it gives me "An error occurred please try again later.(Playback ID ecvFPNQLW58uV0jf)"

so i noticed today that my pc's ethernet speed are slow because when i tried to download a 600 mb file it took over 30 minutes. I unplugged the ethernet cable and plugged it to my laptop and downloaded the same file and it only took less than a minute. After that i deciced to do a speed test on https://www.speedtest.net/ and my pc got 12 ping 114 download and 13 upload,
my laptop got 10 ping 200+ download and 20 upload. i have tried every thing. i have tried the CMD commands, tried going in device manager and uninstalling network drivers idk if im missing something or is it just my ISP. a month a go it was just fine the only change i did since then was I installed a m.2 NVME drive and installed windows on it

my pc specs are: my laptop: Lenovo idea pad 320-15ABR
ryzen 2700x
gigabyte b450 aorus pro wifi
16gb ram
gtx 1060 3gb

Last edited:

Kiki66666

Reputable
Oct 25, 2016
Is any 3rd party software liek antivirus or firewall installed?

Is the windows firewall/network set to private or public? set it to private

Wifi is disabled while ethernet is plugged in?
I have malware bytes installed wifi is disabled while ethernet is plugged in i have windows firewall dissabled i will enable it and set it to private

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS