[SOLVED] Ethernet has bottle necked speeds

VirtualRaider

Reputable
Aug 20, 2016
I bought a new router/modem combo motorola Model MG7550. Im supposed to be getting gigabit connection but I can't get passed 30 Mbps. I tested the Ethernet cable and im getting 100 Mbps on my laptop. My motherboard is an Asus z390a. I'm not using any extrenal NIC's, I'm using the port on my motherboard. I have reset the network settings. I restarted off my router and my PC. I have tried reinstalling the drivers. I have updated my bios. I have tried disabling and enabling my windows firewall.
Edit: My Ethernet adapter is Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V

Solution
I bought a new router/modem combo motorola Model MG7550. Im supposed to be getting gigabit connection but I can't get passed 30 Mbps. I tested the Ethernet cable and im getting 100 Mbps on my laptop. My motherboard is an Asus z390a. I'm not using any extrenal NIC's, I'm using the port on my motherboard. I have reset the network settings. I restarted off my router and my PC. I have tried reinstalling the drivers. I have updated my bios. I have tried disabling and enabling my windows firewall.
Verify that you don't have any "game boost" software like ROG GameFirst running.
Also check your Windows network autotuning --...
I'd take a look at the Ethernet cable.

Cat5/5e/6 cables have 4 twisted pairs. 10mbps/100mbps Ethernet require only pairs 1 and 2 (the inner two pairs) whereas 1gbps Ethernet requires all four pairs. If one pair is faulty, the NIC will only be able to auto-negotiate up to 100mbps

kanewolf

Titan
Verify that you don't have any "game boost" software like ROG GameFirst running.
Also check your Windows network autotuning -- https://www.thewindowsclub.com/window-auto-tuning-in-windows-10

Solution