[SOLVED] Ethernet internet drops as soon as i turn on wifi on my router

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
Hello lads, i have a problem where if i open my wifi on my router page the internet on my computer drops but not the wifi

i tried many ethernet cables but nothing works is there anything i can do to fix this? thanks

Solution
Not seeing any duplicate IP's in arp.

However, I should have stated my question more clearly: how on the computer are you determining if wireless is on or off?

Where are you turning wifi and wired "on" or "off"?

On the computer open Device Manager and check Network adapters.

Determine which network adapter (wired or wireless) is enabled.

Or you can right click the small network icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

You can choose "Troubleshoot Problems" and if nothing is found/fixed then go to "Open Network & Internet settings"

As I understand the network the line diagram should be similar to:

ISP ==DSL==> [DSL] ZXHN Modem/Router[LAN port] ---Ethernet ---> Wired devices and ~~~ wireless ~~~> wireless devices...

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com

Ralston18

Titan
What are you doing or how are you determining that wifi is "on" or "off"?

Both "ipconfig /all" images are identical and indicate that a wired network adapter is being used. (Physical address FC-AA-14-B1-27-6F).

Your computer is connecting to a network router with IP address 192.168.1.1 and being assigned the DHCP IP address of 192.168.1.2. Very much as expected with respect to normal device configurations and connectivity.

Did the wired and wireless "ipconfig /all" images get mixed up?

What other wired and wireless devices are on your network? Are you aware of any static IP's being used?

More troubleshooting.

Try another command via the Command Prompt:

"arp -a" and post the results.

Here is a link to help you understand "arp":

https://www.lifewire.com/beginners-guide-to-arp-4096766

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
What are you doing or how are you determining that wifi is "on" or "off"?

Both "ipconfig /all" images are identical and indicate that a wired network adapter is being used. (Physical address FC-AA-14-B1-27-6F).

Your computer is connecting to a network router with IP address 192.168.1.1 and being assigned the DHCP IP address of 192.168.1.2. Very much as expected with respect to normal device configurations and connectivity.

Did the wired and wireless "ipconfig /all" images get mixed up?

What other wired and wireless devices are on your network? Are you aware of any static IP's being used?

More troubleshooting.

Try another command via the Command Prompt:

"arp -a" and post the results.

Here is a link to help you understand "arp":

https://www.lifewire.com/beginners-guide-to-arp-4096766
i know that the wifi is on or off from my router's page and the router itself shows that it's off or on with lights

the pictures didn't get mixed up, it's like as soon as i turn my wifi off my internet on my computer gets back online, but then when i turn it on the internet goes off for my computer only

here's the arp-a result

View: https://imgur.com/a/d1NHeYv

Ralston18

Titan
Not seeing any duplicate IP's in arp.

However, I should have stated my question more clearly: how on the computer are you determining if wireless is on or off?

Where are you turning wifi and wired "on" or "off"?

On the computer open Device Manager and check Network adapters.

Determine which network adapter (wired or wireless) is enabled.

Or you can right click the small network icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

You can choose "Troubleshoot Problems" and if nothing is found/fixed then go to "Open Network & Internet settings"

As I understand the network the line diagram should be similar to:

ISP ==DSL==> [DSL] ZXHN Modem/Router[LAN port] ---Ethernet ---> Wired devices and ~~~ wireless ~~~> wireless devices.

Do you have any other modems or router's connected? If so edit my line diagram accordingly or otherwise correct as necessary.

Does the following link present the User Manual for your Modem?

https://www.wind.gr/files/1/wind_v2/statheri_epixeiriseis/devices/User_Manual_ZXHN_H168N_Wind.pdf

Is the modem connected as shown on physically numbered Page 13, 3.2 (Hardware Connection)?

Who has full admin rights to the modem?

Solution