[SOLVED] Ethernet is capable of 500 mb/s, but is really slow.

Nov 29, 2021
My computer is capable of managing 500 mb/s, and so is my ethernet. Whenever I run a speed test, it says that I am using the capable speed. (here) As soon as the speed test finishes, it just becomes super slow again. Any suggestions?

Solution
My computer is capable of managing 500 mb/s, and so is my ethernet. Whenever I run a speed test, it says that I am using the capable speed. (here) As soon as the speed test finishes, it just becomes super slow again. Any suggestions?
That chart from Task Manager is showing performance over time. thopugh the ethernet port.
When the system is not actively transferring any data, it goes to near zero.

USAFRet

Titan
That chart from Task Manager is showing performance over time. thopugh the ethernet port.

Solution
Nov 29, 2021
Well heres the thing, I'm trying to download a big game but it is super slow! So I would expect it to be transferring data.

Nov 29, 2021
And any slowness in downloading is almost certainly a function of their server and bandwidth.
It's strange that this is happening for all websites I'm trying, like when I try to download a ROM, it takes 3 hours just to download a few hundred megabytes. Are we certain that this is the only problem?