[SOLVED] Ethernet keeps dropping

Oct 23, 2019
Hi all, I have a windows 10 Pc newly built pc.
my ethernet keeps dropping.

1. I have tried Updating windows to its latest version.
  2. I have tried updating the driver to its latest version.
  3. I have uncheck the prevent device from sleeping.
  4. I have also changed the part from advanced settings. ( ultra power saving disable, disable energy efficient internet, I do not have the green ethernet choice)
  5. here’s something very weird. For speed & transmission. I have settings at auto negotiations and it drops. I changed to 1 gbps full duplex and it drops. Ethernet becomes stable when. I change it 100mbps full dulex the ethernet is very stable. But I have a speed of 1gbps, I do not want to limit the speed to 100mpbs.
Any helps ? Thanks a lot for your time !

Solution
Yes. A newly installed windows with motherboard.

I am using a in wall cabling
If you are using in-wall cabling, that is most likely the problem. You need to take the wall plates off each end and redo the punchdown. Just one wire out of eight not connected will cause 1GE to not work. Since you have in-wall cabling, I recommend you get an inexpensive tester like this -- https://www.amazon.com/Klein-VDV526-052-Scout-Junior-Tester/dp/B004CI9NRM That way you can be sure you have all 8 wires connected. Follow the 568B color code on the wall plate on each end.
Oct 23, 2019
This is my specs.
Btw I am using a cat 7 cable

MB + CPU
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus ultra + i5 9600k

Ram
Corsair Vengence LPX 2666Mhz C16
16gb

Graphics Card
Zotac RTX 2070 8GB Mini

SSD
Samsung 860 EVO Pro 500GB

HDD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Liquid Cooler
Corsair hydro H100i Pro RGB
$169

Psu
Cooler master 650W Gold

Case
S340 Elite

kanewolf

Titan
Yes. A newly installed windows with motherboard.

I am using a in wall cabling
If you are using in-wall cabling, that is most likely the problem. You need to take the wall plates off each end and redo the punchdown. Just one wire out of eight not connected will cause 1GE to not work. Since you have in-wall cabling, I recommend you get an inexpensive tester like this -- https://www.amazon.com/Klein-VDV526-052-Scout-Junior-Tester/dp/B004CI9NRM That way you can be sure you have all 8 wires connected. Follow the 568B color code on the wall plate on each end.

Solution