[SOLVED] Ethernet locked to 100mbps ?? help!!!!!

Aug 29, 2019
Just got new fibre optic in my house today and should be getting 500mbps. The fibre runs straight into my house and directly from the wall to the router, the router when connected to my phone gives me the speed i need (around 450) so there is no problem with the fibre at that point. The problem begins on my PC, when my PC is set to auto-negotiate on the LAN it limits itself to 100mbps, although i do get the full 100. although when i change my network settings to '1.0Gbs full duplex' i start to have problems. with this setting on my PC does not recognise any Ethernet cable at all (i have tried the diagnose feature and it just says there is either a faulty connection or a bad cable) , my motherboard is capable, i have tried resetting my LAN config and nothing has worked. From the router downstairs the internet is ran upstairs and into my bedroom by ~7m cable and it is into my wall with a wall port, from the wall port is a cat6 cable running directly to my PC. The cable that runs upstairs is not faulty because another identical cable runs along side it into my WAP upstairs with no problem (WAP gets full speed). So what is the problem, is it a software problem on my PC, could my wall port in my room be faulty, somebody help please, thanks.

Solution
The problem is most likely in the wall plug wiring. You need to remove the wall plugs on each end and verify they have all 8 wires connected. I would probably recommend re-terminating both ends if you have enough slack in the wire.

kanewolf

Titan
The problem is most likely in the wall plug wiring. You need to remove the wall plugs on each end and verify they have all 8 wires connected. I would probably recommend re-terminating both ends if you have enough slack in the wire.

Solution