Ethernet No Internet

Enxity

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
I've looked around for solutions, top 25 on google don't work.

I've tried a cmd command including netsh int tcp something stuff, there were 4 commands

Turned router on and off for 20 count, unplugged and replugged Ethernet cable.

Wifi on phone is working well, all cables connected.

Normal lights lighting up on Ethernet connector

I have tried enabling and disabling the Ethernet in control panel, of course the Windows troubleshooter is AIDS and did nothing. No antivirus blocking anything, I can't update drivers as they say updating then it stays on that screen, only a forced restart will stop them but it sometimes causes the bsod.

Drivers are up to date though I know that for a fact. I've just come off holiday and it worked perfectly before I left and now it doesn't work, nothing changed.

Any help is greatly valued

Solution
go to cmd, "tracert google.com" and see where the tracert fails

depending on the line where it fails, it can be your NIC, your NIC's drivers, the LAN cable, the ethernet port on the router or your firewall

Enxity

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
Schwattz I have no idea what that is I'm sorry, could you explain? Isokolon ill try it now, it said "Unable to resolve target system name Google.com."

schwatzz

Distinguished

I mean, you have connectivity to the router right? Try entering the IP of the router into your browser's address bar.

Try changing your dns http://www.howtogeek.com/167533/the-ultimate-guide-to-changing-your-dns-server/