Ethernet not detecting my cable

Feb 3, 2019
Hello, I have a problem with my ethernet. The problem is that it's not detecting my cable. I have tried rebooting, reinstalling drivers, changing cable. When I tried changing link speed to 10Mbps it works but I have 100 mbps standard, there is no point running with 10 then. I know my ethernet is able to take more than just 10 mbps because I had 30 mbps in internetspeed before which worked on cable. I really don't know what to do!
help!!

I have taken a look at some other forums aswell but nothing works!

kanewolf

Titan
Ethernet problems, especially ones like yours where "auto" doesn't work are usually cable problems. Do you have a "flat" ethernet cable? Does your connection go through in-wall cabling (wall plates)? Have you run a brand new, round, all copper, cat5e cable directly from your router to your PC?

Feb 3, 2019

I have a regular ethernet cable that works with my laptop, and I don't know about the wall cabling. It worked before, might be my ethernet port which could be damaged.

kanewolf

Titan
It is unlikely that your ethernet port is damaged unless you plugged a USB connector or some other foreign object.

To eliminate your PC, you need to run a single new cat5e copper commercial cable from your router to your PC. A cable working on one device doesn't tell you definitively. Just moving the cable around could cause it to work or not work.

^Like he says, this is mostly a cabling problem. Heed and connect your PC DIRECTLY to the back of the modem, after that if still problem, I'd look closely at the PC's RJ45 and make sure there is not a dustball in there or bent pins.

If u recently updated to W10, you should be using a W10-specific driver from the Mobo vendor, not Microsoft.