[SOLVED] Ethernet not working when I plugged in my wall charger that charges my laptop

May 7, 2020
The connection was fine when i plugged in the ethernet cable, but once I plugged in my charger, the internet would not work. After some testing, the Wifi works with or without the charger plugged in, but the ethernet only works without the charger plugged in. Any tips? Do I throw my charger away lol

Solution
If you don't have a genuine charger, it is probably the charger. Compatibles are garbage compared to the originals and do all sorts of shady stuff.
The connection was fine when i plugged in the ethernet cable, but once I plugged in my charger, the internet would not work. After some testing, the Wifi works with or without the charger plugged in, but the ethernet only works without the charger plugged in. Any tips? Do I throw my charger away lol
It's hard to help with this if we know nothing of what you have. Are you using a laptop? Or desktop? Phone charger or laptop charger? Laptop modle?, desktop specs?

kanewolf

Titan
Are you using powerline ethernet? Your charger could be generating noise on the electrical wiring.

Reactions: SamirD
May 7, 2020
If you don't have a genuine charger, it is probably the charger. Compatibles are garbage compared to the originals and do all sorts of shady stuff.
Thank you for the response. I decided to borrow one original charger from my neighbour and wow it's working with the ethernet cable. Guess the compatibles are actually garbage.
Now on the look to find original charger for my laptop!
Thanks all!

Thank you for the response. I decided to borrow one original charger from my neighbour and wow it's working with the ethernet cable. Guess the compatibles are actually garbage.
Now on the look to find original charger for my laptop!
Thanks all!
Glad you fixed it! You might want to also check the laptop over with any self-diagnostics to make sure nothing broke because of the bad charger.

And this is why I never go with a compatible. Especially when you can get used genuine ones for cheap, especially at thrift stores. cheap chinese crap is just that--cheap chinese crap.