Ethernet not working

hawkgoalie

Reputable
Jun 13, 2016
Hey,

So I have recently done a clean install of windows 10 on my laptop. And the WiFi is working fine, but I can not connect via Ethernet. I mostly use my Ethernet connection, as I do a lot of gaming.
When I go to the device manager it says that the "ethernet controller" is not working. Which I assume is the problem, but when I go to find drivers for it. Windows can not find any, and it will not give me any information as to what the model is so I can find drivers myself.

Any help with this issue will be appreciated!

Thanks!

George Mulligan

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
What is your laptop model? You would likely be able to get the needed driver from the manufacturer's website. You can always try to remove the device from within device manager, then shutdown and reboot. It is possible the correct driver would be installed then.

hawkgoalie

Reputable
Jun 13, 2016

The laptop is a custom built one from Cyberpower. Not sure if that helps at all. I will try removing and restarting.

hawkgoalie

Reputable
Jun 13, 2016

I would assume that windows installed the cipset drivers already, as everything but Ethernet appears to be working.

hawkgoalie

Reputable
Jun 13, 2016
OKay, so after looking up some hardware ID's I have found that I needed the killer networking e2200 driver. Installed it and everything is working fine now!

Thanks for the responces none the less guys.