[SOLVED] Ethernet not working?

Nov 26, 2019
I have an ethernet cable hooked up to my computer. I was talking to a friend through discord and suddenly I lose connection to everything. I do a quick restart and waited, I saw that I had connection. I assumed everything was alright, but Discord still couldn't connect and nothing could connect either. I tried using different cables, restarting my router and computer. Changing DNS for my IPV4, using multiple IPConfig commands. Nothing was worked. So I come this thread to get help hopefully because I have work to do online and I need to get back to it. Any suggestions help.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model router? Who has full admin rights to the router?

Is the computer directly connected to the router?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What ethernet adapter are you using: built-in motherboard, USB, or PCIe?

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" via the command prompt?

Oct 23, 2019
I have an ethernet cable hooked up to my computer. I was talking to a friend through discord and suddenly I lose connection to everything. I do a quick restart and waited, I saw that I had connection. I assumed everything was alright, but Discord still couldn't connect and nothing could connect either. I tried using different cables, restarting my router and computer. Changing DNS for my IPV4, using multiple IPConfig commands. Nothing was worked. So I come this thread to get help hopefully because I have work to do online and I need to get back to it. Any suggestions help.
Try cross crimping UTP cable...
Router function DTE & PC function DTE Same functions = Cross UTP cable.. Just Try