Ethernet only loading Google, YouTube, Facebook

computerpr0blems

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
I got a new motherboard, the MSI z270 Tomahawk Arctic about a month ago, and ever since, I have not been able to properly access my college's Ethernet. Basically, I can only load Google, YouTube, Facebook and some of the other big websites. I have a wireless USB adapter, and using it, I have been able to use WiFi with my PC for the last month without any problems, but the WiFi is significantly worse for gaming. It seems like some others have had issues similar to this over the years, and I tried some of the basic solutions offered such as flushing the DNS or pinging Google's servers.

I am wondering if any of you have any idea what may be going on here and if it is on my end or on my college's end. Thank you for your time.

Solution
Google, YouTube, and Facebook all have one thing in common. They work with IPv6. Many other site do not. I'm guessing your IPv4 is not working for some reason.

Start by checking your IPv4 configuration under your adapter properties (Control Panel->Networking and Sharing Center->Change adapter settings->right click your adapter).

Then from a command prompt, run ipconfig /all ... do you have an IPv4 address? Gateway?
Google, YouTube, and Facebook all have one thing in common. They work with IPv6. Many other site do not. I'm guessing your IPv4 is not working for some reason.

Start by checking your IPv4 configuration under your adapter properties (Control Panel->Networking and Sharing Center->Change adapter settings->right click your adapter).

Then from a command prompt, run ipconfig /all ... do you have an IPv4 address? Gateway?

Solution