aslaiby

Distinguished
May 11, 2005
I am helping my brother in-law setup a network at home and part of that network involves setting up a ethernet connection of some sort for his father who lives in an apartment above their garage. Since the house isn't connected to the apartment, and I believe gets its own power, ethenet over powerline will not work but they do have a common phone line. I was wondering if anyone new of any good products that work at connecting an ethernet connection over a phone line.

The other option would to be to have a really powerful wireless network but since the garage and apartment are made of stone I'm not sure how good the reception would be.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
aslaiby

nancy0116

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011

Phoneline adapter is aim to connecting an ethernet connection over phone line between one apartment to another apartment, it is convenient for neighbour to share the network. you can find it in ww.wondertek.com
i have used it and also introduced to my friend, i believe you will like it, because i do. :kaola:

tomatthe

Distinguished
You might want to check the cabling for the phone lines, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually wired with cat5e. I think pretty much any newer home is going to have the phone lines wired with this. If you determine this is the case, you would then need to trace it to see if its runs through a point in the house which you could connect things from.

I wired my entire townhouse using this setup, and its worked great. It took a bit of rigging here and there, but over all has been great.

This looks like it will be a bit out of the price range of a normal home network setup. You can't even get a price without a real quote from the vendor.

rolands77

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2008

Or this ethernet extender: http://www.ad-net.com.tw/index.php?id=582 - it is still in a range of home setup as well. you can get them from ad-net directly, they ship wordlwide via DHL