[SOLVED] Ethernet port working on pc but doesn't work when connected to switch

benitogiugno

Reputable
Sep 3, 2017
When I plug my 4g router into my pc it works perfectly fine, but when I plug the ethernet from my Edgeswitch into the pc it doesn't work.
I have tried different cables and different ports on the switch but still doesn't show up on the pc and doesn't even light up on the switch.
I have tried the same ports and ethernet cables on another pc and it works fine.
Been trying to sort this problem for weeks now and still haven't found a solution.

Solution
When I plug my 4g router into my pc it works perfectly fine, but when I plug the ethernet from my Edgeswitch into the pc it doesn't work.
I have tried different cables and different ports on the switch but still doesn't show up on the pc and doesn't even light up on the switch.
I have tried the same ports and ethernet cables on another pc and it works fine.
Been trying to sort this problem for weeks now and still haven't found a solution.
Verify that the port on the PC is set for auto negotiaion for speed and duplex.

kanewolf

Titan
Verify that the port on the PC is set for auto negotiaion for speed and duplex.

Solution