[SOLVED] Ethernet port ?

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
So im very confused, im looking at getting a powerline adapter but I noticed in my room there is an ethernet port (2nd floor) my router is on the first floor, i looked to see if there was any ethernet port in the wall, all i saw was 1 cable port and just regular wall outlets. My question is how and why is there an ethernet port in my room 2nd floor but my router isnt plugged into an ethernet port on the wall??????

Solution
So im very confused, im looking at getting a powerline adapter but I noticed in my room there is an ethernet port (2nd floor) my router is on the first floor, i looked to see if there was any ethernet port in the wall, all i saw was 1 cable port and just regular wall outlets. My question is how and why is there an ethernet port in my room 2nd floor but my router isnt plugged into an ethernet port on the wall??????
That port is probably setup for phone, even if it has an RJ45 rather than an RJ11 plug. You will have to find out where the wire goes to have any hope of figuring out what it is useful for.

kanewolf

Titan
That port is probably setup for phone, even if it has an RJ45 rather than an RJ11 plug. You will have to find out where the wire goes to have any hope of figuring out what it is useful for.

Reactions: FluffyButtonsXD
Solution