Question Ethernet/Powerline disconnecting/reconnecting - Long term issue

Mar 25, 2019
Hello,

For a year or so I have had the recurring issue that my pc disconnects from the router for a few minutes and then reconnects again. During these disconnects the router is working just fine and everything else with wifi or LAN connecting to the internet and the router with no issue, whilst the pc remains disconnected until suddenly it starts to work again. For the most part, this is a minor issue as the disconnects only last a few minutes and the only things I need a constant connection for are a few videos. What is odd though is that I have changed almost everything over the course of the last year regarding the setup and the same problem persists.

Originally I had it connected directly through ethernet, now it is a powerline adapter
I though the motherboards network slot was defective so I got a network card
We changed internet provider and obtained a new router along with it
The installation of Windows 10 has been completely reformatted and reinstalled from scratch.

So I don't think it is the ethernet, router, powerline, network card or the copy of windows installed and I have constantly been updating the drivers to see if that fixes the issue. I honestly cannot think what is wrong.

Mar 25, 2019
Well, no messages pop up to say there is no connection. When I try to load a page after it has cut out (unknowingly to me) it takes a while to load, then it comes up with the page on the browser saying there is no internet and to check ethernet connection and all that.

The network icon on the bottom right of the screen just says there is no connection on that network and when I try to access the router it times out just like a webpage and says I am disconnected. That is until a few minutes later and I can suddenly access the router and the rest of the internet with it